Segment Your Golfers to Increase Open Rates
How many emails do you get in a day? Of the ones you get, how many do you read? 50%? 20%? Less?
When it comes to email marketing, less is often more. Don't blast ALL of your golfers with a single message if it won't be relevant to some of them. Rather, group your golfers based on similar demographics, interests, or behavior (that's the BEST), to keep your messages fresh, your golfers engaged and your brand STRONG. Here are a few ideas:
• Let golfers who are parents know about a children’s golf league.
• Remind females about your women’s league.
• Encourage golfers you haven't seen for a while to come back with a small discount.
• Reward your regulars with a free post-round drink.
• If your tee sheet is light during the week, encourage retirees to come out to play.
• Target deal-seekers with a reminder about your twilight rates.