AS OF JULY 1 AUGUST 1, ETS WILL NO LONGER SUPPORT CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS RUN ON COMPUTER TERMINALS RUNNING WINDOWS XP, WINDOWS VISTA, SERVER 2003 or SERVER 2008.
This important notification is being provided as a courtesy for courses running EZLinks-supported software that may be running Windows XP. We have been told that ETS would also be contacting you directly but we want to make sure you have all the tools necessary to ensure your ongoing operational success.
What this means:
- If your tee sheet or POS terminals (note, not the server supporting your terminals) are operating on the Windows XP Operating System (O/S), you will not be able to process any credit card payments as of July 1 August 1. (Tee Sheet terminals running Windows XP may still be able to process previously saved/tokenized credit cards, but no new credit cards will be able to be processed.) If your server is running Windows XP, we recommend you upgrade that O/S as you’re able, but you should not see an interruption in service on July 1 August 1 if your terminals are running a more recent version of Windows.
How to know what O/S you’re running:
- To determine which operating system you are running, go to each terminal and follow the instructions HERE.
If you are running Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003 or Server 2008 on one or more of your terminals, please do the following:
- You will need to upgrade to Windows 7 on each terminal. Follow the instructions HERE to determine the Windows 7 Compatibility on every affected machine.
- If your workstation(s) can support Windows 7, please purchase and install one of the following operating systems for your PC:
Windows 7 Pro, 7 Enterprise, 7 Ultimate
You may also be able to install and run any of the following, but a separate compatibility test will need to be run first. Those tests can be found HERE.
Windows 8, 8 Pro, 8 Enterprise
Windows 8.1, 8.1 Pro, 8.1 Enterprise
Windows 10 Pro, 10 Enterprise
It is important to note, these Windows upgrades will need to be purchased from Microsoft.
- If any of your terminals are not powerful enough to run Windows 7, you will need to purchase and install new hardware running any of the above Operating Systems prior to July 1 August 1.Please notify your Customer Success Manager ASAP if you need upgraded hardware.
So we can ensure your course can run without interruption heading into the busy July 4 weekend, please CLICK HERE and complete the requested information if you are currently running Windows XP on one or more of your Workstations.
The EZENGAGE Marketing Suite includes Website Development and hosting to distinguish your course or club and attract more golfers.
- Industry-leading mobile-responsive website designs
- Easy-to-use Content Management System (CMS)
- Dynamic Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques
- Aggressive lead generation to support your business
- Golfer data collection
- Easy-to-use Event Calendar and Registration
- Online store provides an additional revenue stream
- Seamlessly integrates with your point-of-sale
- Members Only section
To run your business, you need to know that your point-of-sale platform is powerful and dependable enough for the demands of today’s golf course. EZLinks' Cloud Solution, EZ360, is perfect for courses with standard tee sheet, retail, and F&B needs. It offers the portability of the cloud with NO server requirements. Many resorts and private clubs select the proven EZSUITE platform, with premium food & beverage, accounting, and membership functions.